You can make the pictures bigger on this blog by double clicking on the picture and then clicking one more time for an even bigger picture:)

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Vintage Little Golden Book Holiday Purse

The hubby and I went to the Piper Barn show this weekend.  It is a holiday craft bazaar held in an antique barn. 

Picture

 While hubby sweetly packed baby girl around in the Ergo, I fell in love with this purse!  It was really difficult for me to chose between Frosty the Snow Man and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer but I kept with my gut and my first initial reaction of love to Frosty.  Love vintage Frosty!




The purse is made by a Portland, Oregon crafter called "Mugwump".  Here is what she had to say about her crafty business...Mugwump designs & creates handbags, wallets, & other fashion accessories using reclaimed/recycled materials.  They are given a renewed life - altered from their original intent.

Save the Earth & look good doin' it.

In particular, my bag is a vintage Frosty Little Golden Book, sewn, with a clasp closure and handle.  The sides and bottom of the purse are made out of some kind of vinyl material I believe.  Almost like the interior of a car.  The book has a weather proof coating on it for when its rainy or frosty outside!  Ha Ha, no pun intended!  She was also selling vintage album cover purses.  The cashier who processed my purchase had just bought the Bing Crosby White Christmas album purse!




6 comments:

  1. What a clever and cute idea! I would have gone with Rudolph. My yearly favorite. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! What a great idea! I would have chosen Frosty too, as I can never turn away a vintage Snowman!
    Thank you for sharing with us-
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete